Parent Cues Daily Devotionals Coloring Pages:
Our first worship gathering in the park, June 21, 2020!
June 19, 2020
I pray this note finds you well, especially in trying times like these! We have not stopped praying for you, even though we have been forced to stop worshiping together in person. But, we’re trusting better days are ahead, and that’s the purpose of this post!
We are so excited to have been given permission to offer our Grandview Worship Gathering at Mead Town Hall Park this Sunday, June 21, at 9:30 am! However, to do so we must follow applicable state and local health department guidelines! So, we are making extensive preparations to ensure we meet those guidelines this Sunday, and subsequent Sundays as allowed, and desired!
We are also asking for your understanding & cooperation in this public event as we will be closely scrutinized by some in our community. The apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:19 & 22, “Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone… I have become all things to all people that by all possible means I might save some.”
With that biblical guideline in mind, we’ll be following some important guidelines from our state, county & local governmental sources, including some from other churches who are also conducting worship gatherings in public places. Regardless of how you feel about some of the COVID guidelines, following these guidelines is necessary for us to maintain the right to meet in a public space! So, will you join me in showing our community we care about them, and we care about the guidelines put into place to protect them? While we can’t guarantee Grandview won’t be the origin of an outbreak in Mead, we can show our community we have done our due diligence to minimize the risks! In case the issue of wearing a mask is a concern to you, please check out this helpful post with lots of biblical guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/thegospelcoalition/posts/10156829620682723 Thank you in advance for your gracious, public support!
Guidelines for Grandview Worship in the Park, Sunday, June 21 @ 9:30 am
- YOU MAY NEED TO STAY HOME. If you, or a family member is particularly at risk for COVID-19, or showing any symptoms of COVID-19, please watch our gathering online. We plan to stream our outdoor worship gathering LIVE on Facebook at 9:30 am. If we are unable to live stream our gathering, we will be posting it on both Facebook and YouTube later in the day, so check back periodically.
- WEARING MASKS EXPECTED. Everyone in your family who is 2 or older will need to bring and wear a face mask, unless you are medically unable.We must wear face masks in order to be compliant with local & state guidelines, and insure we will be allowed to continue to meet in this public space on future Sundays! We will provide free face masks for everyone as needed. Please keep appropriate social distance from others at all times, especially before and after our worship gathering.
- CHECK IN PROCEDURES: SELF CHECK-IN or GREETER CHECK-IN. When you arrive, please proceed to one of the greeting tables spaced around the park. At the greeting tables, you will find hand sanitizer, free face masks, as well as greeters to help check you in. We will not have connection cards, so we will be collecting contact information from everyone electronically. You will be checked in by family, either using the Self Check-in option using your phone, or a greeter will check you in. We’ll need to collect your name and answers to a few basic health questions. Such as, “Have you or anyone you have had close contact with have the following symptoms: headache, sore throat, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, body aches, ear aches, diarrhea, fatigue, vomiting, abdominal pain, or a recent inability to taste and smell? If you have been experiencing these symptoms, or have been in close proximity to anyone that has been experiencing these symptoms, you should self quarantine.” Worshiping with others when you could be sick puts them at an increased, and an unnecessary risk. At the check-in tables we will be handing out some fun resources for our kids to help keep them occupied in appropriate ways during our worship gathering. Lyrics for our songs will be made easily available to you on your phones via a QR code provided. With all these details in mind, please plan to allow extra time for checking in and getting seated before worship starts at 9:30 am.
- Restrooms will not be available, so please plan ahead.
- You will need to bring your own chairs or blanket for your family. This allows us to limit our touches and minimize the potential spread of any virus. You may also bring a pop-up cover to ensure your family stays in the shade.
- Please feel free to bring your own coffee, water, etc. as none will be provided.
- TOUCHLESS GREETINGS. As you know, we are a people that deeply love each other and our guests. However, out of that same love, we are asking you to wear your masks and maintain the 6 ft. social distancing parameters when fellowshipping with others. Please do not to make physical contact with non-family members while we gather together. Even if you are unconcerned about COVID-19, others may be concerned, and they may prefer that you not touch them. Out of love and respect, let’s avoid personal contact with each other for the time being. Please do your best to communicate your love for others by observing these precautionary guidelines.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING. After checking in, please find a space for your family to sit that ensures at least 6-8’ of spacing from other family groups.
- KID’S CHALLENGES. The town has advised us the playground equipment is NOT being sanitized. Therefore, allowing our kids to use it may be adding an unnecessary risk to our worship gathering. As a result, we are providing kids resources to help parents keep them safely occupied during our gathering.
THANK YOU in advance for your gracious cooperation in each of these guidelines!!! By God’s grace we will be able to worship without hindrance soon! We hope to see you in person this Sunday as we celebrate Father’s Day, worshiping our Heavenly Father, together!